Learn how to make Date And Tamarind Chutney, a quick and tasty dip recipe by Anushruti only on Rajshri Food!
Date And Tamarind Chutney can be slathered on bread to make Indian style sandwiches, sprinkled over dahi wadas and served as an accompaniment with samosas, kachoris and parathas. Indian chaats like bhel puri, sev puri, dahi batata puri are unthinkable without these chutneys with their many different flavors and tastes.
Use 1/4 cup more water for a thinner consistency
2 tsp cumin seeds
2 tsp coriander seeds
½ tsp fennel seeds
100 gm (1/2 cup) dates, deseeded
100 gm (1/2 cup) tamarind, without seeds and fibers
110 gm (1/2 cup) jaggery, powdered
500 ml (2 cups) water
1 tsp red chili powder
1 tsp dried ginger powder
¼ tsp hing or asafatedia
1 ½ tsp Himalayan black salt or kala namak
- In a wok or skillet assemble the cumin, coriander and fennel seeds and dry roast them for about 2 to 3 minutes. Powder the roasted seeds in a mortar and pestle or a spice mill.
- In a wok or kadhai put in the desseded dates, cleaned tamarind , jaggery and 2 cups water. On low heat, bring the entire mixture to a boil. This should take about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Once the mixture starts to simmer, put in the powdered spices, red chili powder, dried ginger powder, asafetida and the salt.
- Raise the heat to medium low and cook for 4 to 5 minutes more until the mixture thickens.
- Allow to cool and then blend in a mixer or a grinder.
P.S- Adjust the consistency according to your liking by adding more water. If you like your chutney spicy you can add in more red chili powder and black pepper powder as well to increase the spice quotient.
Host: Anushruti RK ( http://www.divinetaste.com )
Director: Suchandra Basu
Camera: Kawaldeep Singh Jangwal, Manjeet Katariya, Akshay Durgule
Editing: Kishor Rai
Creative Head: Kavya Krishnaswamy
Producer: Rajjat A. Barjatya
Copyrights: Rajshri Entertainment Private Limited
Share this video on Facebook - https://goo.gl/WHcnuY
Tweet about it - https://goo.gl/dWv2DV
Share it on Google+ - https://goo.gl/lvO5Z1
Get this recipe on Anushruti's website - http://goo.gl/G5g6PM
Subscribe & Stay Tuned - http://bit.ly/SubscribeToRajshriFood
For more videos log onto http://www.youtube.com/rajshrifood
Find us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/rajshrifood
Follow us on google plus https://plus.google.com/+rajshrifood