This video is part of the series How to become a Fashion Illustrator, and I will show you the first step you need to take. Specifically, you’ll know what you need to learn ;)
Do you want to become a fashion illustrator but don't know how nor know where to start? If so, this video is for you!
Hello! I'm Karen Avila, I'm the founder of www.fashionstepbystep.com and I'm also a fashion creative. And this video is part of a free series on how to become a fashion illustrator.
If you rather reading than watching you can go directly to my blog and read the post here:
In summary, the first step you need to take to become a fashion illustrator is to nurture your skills.
1. Fashion Drawing
2. Fashion Illustration Techniques
3. How to work with Inspiration
4. How to create and how to work with a Creative Brief
5. How to work with Color + Texture
6. How to work with Composition
7. How to use Adobe Illustrator + Photoshop
So, these are the most important skills you have to develop to become a fashion illustrator.
I have a couple of steps for you to follow:
1. Make a list of all the skills that you want to learn.
2. Determine how you want to learn those skills, maybe it's through books, courses or school think about the how.
3. Get what you need to learn those skills. Again, they could be books, courses or they could be your materials and tools to start learning and practicing and experimenting.
4. Learn one skill at a time, practice it, experiment with it, evaluate your performance and improve it.
5. Continue with the next skill.
This step won’t be completed until you feel confident about your skills, so learn, practice and experiment and create ruthlessly every day every time you can.
Great! Now tell me in the comments, if you want to become a fashion illustrator what are the skills that you want to learn first?
If you're looking to become a fashion illustrator, fashion designer, or surface pattern designer, and get more videos like this one, make sure to SUBSCRIBE to my YouTube channel right here: http://bit.ly/channelka
NEWSLETTER + EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNTS: http://www.fashionstepbystep.com
FASHION SCHOOL: http://bit.ly/fashionCourses