10. Gemma Ward: Having been scouted at the age of 14, she debuted at Australian Fashion Week at only 15 years of age. She went on to be the youngest model to ever appear on the cover of American Vogue at 16, at 17 walked in countless runway shows and became the face of a Calvin Klein perfume, and at 18 was the first model to grace the cover of Teen Vogue.
9. Coco Rocha: she was approached at an Irish dance competition when she was merely 14 years old, and slowly tested the waters in the modelling world. She became a hot commodity, but her true supermodel moment came at a Jean Paul Gaultier runway show when she Irish danced down the catwalk.
8. Kate Moss: Sarah Doukas, founder of Storm Model Management, discovered a teenage Kate Moss at John F. Kennedy airport when she was on a vacation with her family. Moss was only 14 years old at the time, and within two years was on the cover of The Face, a British magazine. She’s not a typical model, as she’s only 5’7, far shorter than the average model.
7. Barbara Palvin: Palvin, who is Hungarian in origin, was spotted in Budapest when she was only 13 years old. Her first modelling gig, also at age 13, had her in the pages of Spur Magazine. She went on to model for countless brands like H&M and Victoria’s Secret, become an ambassador for beauty giant L’Oreal, and walk the runway for numerous high fashion labels.
6. Natalia Vodianova: She was born in the Soviet Union and grew up in extreme poverty, decided at the age of 17 to join a modelling agency. It worked out pretty well – any brand you name, from Chanel to Yves Saint Laurent, Vodianova has walked in their show or lent her face to their gorgeous fashion spreads.
5. Chanel Iman: She rose through hard work and dedication. At the tender age of 13, she was working as a child model with Ford Models. Determined to continue her modelling career, she entered Ford’s Supermodel of the World contest when she was 16 and managed to come in third place.
4. Lindsey Wixson: Being 5’7 at only 12 years of age definitely got Lindsey Wixson noticed, and her distinctive and striking facial features certainly helped as well. After being approached by countless strangers and told she could be a model, Wixson decided to look into it and treat it as a career rather than a dream. Her first job as a model was the venerable Vogue Italia and she soon began the face of Miu Miu.
3. Lily Cole: When she was only 14, a talent scout approached Cole outside of a burger bar in Covent Garden. While initially skeptical, she eventually decided to explore her chances in the modelling world – and the modelling world embraced her, as she snagged the cover of British Vogue at 16. When she entered her 20s, Cole decided to cover all her bases and get a degree from the University of Cambridge.
2. Karlie Kloss: According to an interview Kloss had with Teen Vogue, she was discovered at a local benefit runway show. At 16, she walked 31 runway shows during New York Fashion Week, and 33 more in Milan and Paris. She skyrocketed to fame, both as an elite high fashion model and as a Victoria’s Secret angel.
1. Kristina Pimenova: Pimenova is considered “the most beautiful girl in the world,” according to British newspaper the Daily Mail. She got her start at only 3 years old as a child model, and is becoming internationally recognized at only 9 years old, working with brands such as Roberto Cavalli, Fendi, Armani and more. It probably helps that her mother Glikeriya knows the ins and outs of modelling, being a former model herself.
IMAGE SOURCE: "GOOGLE SEARCH"